Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Sometimes this forum worries me

On Sat, 12 Jun 2021 13:13:29 +0100, Andrew
wrote:

snip

snip even more emotive nonsense.

Ah yes, the ability to use emotions like compassion and benevolence to
determine how we consider other species.

D i m wants to live in world where huge numbers of animal
species would become extinct,

Do I? That sounds like some sort of BULL**** you have just made up?

because unless there is a reason
for them to exist,

Correct. If the only reason the exist is because we bred them to eat
or exploit and especially those that wouldn't survive in the wild then
they shouldn't be here in the first place (and shouldn't be here now).

no-one is going to waste money keeping them,

Of course ... and not just waste money, waste food, waste water, cause
pollution, create antibiotic resistance in those who consume them,
risk zoonotic pandemics etc etc.

apart from hobby farmers with huge primary assets and incomes.

Don't forget the bodies doing good work trying to undo the damage we
have done to thousands of creatures we are putting at risk though our
destruction of their habitat and the eventual massive cost to us.

Few if any of the animals will be bred because at some point
there will be too many.

Wow, I think the penny is actually dropping, albeit for the wrong
reasons ...

Just like the nonsense of 'rewilding'
parts of the country because unless you reintroduce wolves and
bears? too, there will be no natural predators for wild deer and
boar, who then multiply and end up causing a nuisance or simply
dying from starvation because there are too many of them.

Like they would *naturally* you mean? How on earth did they all manage
before we got here?

So, another one wanting to play god and cost us all dearly.

Well done you for yet another demonstration of just how ignorant you
are about any of it.

Cheers, T i m