Posted to uk.d-i-y
Richard[_10_] Richard[_10_] is offline

Default FreeSat.

On 12/06/2021 09:07, tim... wrote:

"Richard" wrote in message
On 11/06/2021 12:40, tim... wrote:

"Richard" wrote in message
On 09/06/2021 11:59, tim... wrote:

"Richard" wrote in message
On 08/06/2021 07:43, tim... wrote:

"Richard" wrote in message
Got a new TV which has a built in satellite tuner. Good news in
that it
will reduce STB clutter. Although I mainly used FreeView - FTA
satellite
just for playing with, as I have a 1 metre dish and rotator.

TV gives me the choice of FreeSat or 'other'. 'Other' allows as
many sats
as I want and controls the dish. But unlike the old STB, a very
limited
EPG.

So tried FreeSat. Which complains about postcode. Googling says
this comes
from Eutelsat 28E, but the progs from Astra 28E

The 'other' list on the new TV gives all the Astras, and
several Eutelsat,
but no Eutelsat 28. Set the dish motor to Astra 28, and that
shows 100/100%

About the one thing I did quite often use satellite for was to
watch
regional opt outs from BBC and ITV Scotland.

The Freesat app works well with my Humax.

with your Humax what?

I've no idea what this freesat app is, but (assuming that it
actually does something unique to freesat) it cannot possibly
work without a device capable of receiving a satellite stream

Humax Freesat HDR-1100S.

I've got one of those (currently unconnected as new house doesn't
have a sat feed)

I've never had (nor seen) an app for it

The app, either ios or android, lets you do a variety of things.
Mixed reviews.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...hl=en_GB&gl=US

If your box is connected to the internet, the app can be useful if
you have a need for it.

"The Freesat App is a free app for all TV viewers which helps you
find whats (sic) on across 200 channels."

There's an EPG for that.Â* Personally, I don't find swiping through a
list on a phone/tablet screen any easier than using the EPG

I do find using a paper based list much easier, in fact I would go as
far as saying necessary.

If youre a Freesat customer, you can even use the app to set
recordings when youre out and about.

what does being "a Freesat customer" mean?

Hmmm... Not sure, maybe similar to being a customer of pretty much
anything else?

the question with FS is:

do they mean a consumer of the FS product

or

the owner of a FS branded recording device

Is this app function specific to FS branded devices, or will it work
with any FS receiver?

I don't know. I am assuming that the OP is using a device which states
that it is Freesat. Which I would assume meant that it would be Freesat
branded compatible.