Bob G.

Default Snow throwers- tracks vs. wheels

Retiredff wrote:

After searching, I could only come up with a few comments concerning tracked
vs. wheeled snow throwers. Any opinions about which is better, and why?

Thanks

===========

I too have owned both types...and like a few other people have mentioned
I will NEVER recommend a tracked snow blower to anyone...especially if
you need to make a "few" turns"....
I am now 60 years old and do not need the aggravation of trying to
muscle a tracked snow blower
around ....

As for gravel and paved? well 90 percent of my drive is paved BUT I
have parking space for
3 cars at the upper end that is gravel..and I just added a quick release
set of "skids" that I toss on the blower to raise the scrapper blade up
an inch or so... takes 2-3 minutes to install them but honestly it is
not a problem... if the driveway was all gravel or all paved I would not
have any problem...

My Ideal snow blower would be voice activated to start, be remote
controlled, powered by a big Block Chevy... I sure do not own my
ideal snowblower...But I can dream ... lol .

Bob Griffiths