Posted to alt.home.repair
Maskless Sociopath[_2_] Maskless Sociopath[_2_] is offline

Default Two Faucets in Shower? Still Legal?

On 6/11/2021 6:58 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article ,
says...
If you get a permit and the valve is replaced it will have to be a
current code valve in most places. If the old valve body remains and
it is just "repaired" it can stay.
Without a permit, it is up to how much your "plumber" values his
license if he has one.

Glad we can do our own electrical and plumbing work with out a permit or
contractor in most cases for repairs. Even some new additions to the
house like another outlet or light.

Guy down the street swapped out a water heater and put the old one by the curb for garbage pickup.

AHJ nazi drove by and saw the old heater and wrote the homeowner up for no permit.

Moral of the story is don't set the old heater out in front of your own house.