Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT: What words or phrases annoy you?

On Fri, 11 Jun 2021 01:47:01 -0700, polygonum_on_google wrote:

On Thursday, 10 June 2021 at 17:36:57 UTC+1, Commander Kinsey wrote:
Tap instead of click.
App instead of program.
Fewer instead of less (even though more has no equivalent).
Slowed up instead of slowed down (slow is less speed, so must be down).
People who write computer programs that say "hello world" and nothing
else - clearly that program doesn't have the intelligence to say hello.
Bothering to distinguish between burned and burnt.
Forward instead of forwards.

On this forum, possibly the most annoying words/phrases a "Commander
Kinsey"
"Rod Speed"
"Peeler" (even if I agree with much of the direction of the campaign).

Use of the words 'site' or 'forum' instead of 'newsgroup'!