Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.computer.workshop

Default OT: What words or phrases annoy you?

"FromTheRafters" wrote in message
Rod Speed formulated on Thursday :

"FromTheRafters" wrote in message
Rod Speed explained on 6/10/2021 :
gareth evans wrote
Commander Kinsey wrote

Tap instead of click.
App instead of program.
Fewer instead of less (even though more has no equivalent).
Slowed up instead of slowed down (slow is less speed, so must be
down).
People who write computer programs that say "hello world" and nothing
else - clearly that program doesn't have the intelligence to say
hello.
Bothering to distinguish between burned and burnt.
Forward instead of forwards.

Listen up and park up instead of listen and park

Visitation instead of visit.

That damned yankee phrase I cant think of for the moment.

Cayn't get theyah from heeyah.

Nar, not that one. Said when telling someone to do something
immediately. Still cant think of it but that's just my dyslexia.

Just thought of "I want it done yesterday if not sooner" but that's
probably not it either.

True. The one I want is only 2 words when one would be fine.

It'll come to you at two thirty in the morning when you don't need it -
and forgotten by dawn if your memory works like mine.

Mine usually pop up later in the day and I don't forget it.

Posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

Default Sick SENILE SWINE keeps Feeding Troll!

On Thu, 10 Jun 2021 21:47:05 GMT, **** the git, the notorious,
troll-feeding, senile asshole, blathered again:

What about folks with disabilities who look and blink? Why don't they include
that?

You sick senile trolling swine are deliberately trashing these ngs with your
endless sick ****! What have these groups done to you, senile swine?
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.computer.workshop

Default More Senile TROLL****...

On Fri, 11 Jun 2021 08:18:25 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Mine usually pop up later in the day and I don't forget it.

Well, I'm sure you two senile ****heads can blather about for a few more
days nevertheless!
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.computer.workshop

Tap instead of click.
App instead of program.
Fewer instead of less (even though more has no equivalent).
Slowed up instead of slowed down (slow is less speed, so must be down).
People who write computer programs that say "hello world" and nothing
else - clearly that program doesn't have the intelligence to say hello.
Bothering to distinguish between burned and burnt.
Forward instead of forwards.

I don't have any phrases I especially dislike- but what I hate is when
people act all intellectual and stuff...talking about Mozart and
Beethoven when theyve never even seen one of their paintings.
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.computer.workshop

It happens that Wade Garrett formulated :
Tap instead of click.
App instead of program.
Fewer instead of less (even though more has no equivalent).
Slowed up instead of slowed down (slow is less speed, so must be down).
People who write computer programs that say "hello world" and nothing else
- clearly that program doesn't have the intelligence to say hello.
Bothering to distinguish between burned and burnt.
Forward instead of forwards.

I don't have any phrases I especially dislike- but what I hate is when people
act all intellectual and stuff...talking about Mozart and Beethoven when
theyve never even seen one of their paintings.

I've seen one of Frank Zappa's paintings on Antiques Roadshow. He
seemed highly influenced by that Art Deco fella who was all the rage.

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.computer.workshop

In alt.home.repair, on Thu, 10 Jun 2021 14:31:35 -0400, Ralph Mowery
wrote:

In article , says...

And we don't say "parkway" in the UK. It's a road.

In the US a parkway is a road usually in the mountains that is designed
for the people to enjoy looking at the mountains and what they can see.
Not really ment for peopel to get anywhere very fast. Often restricted
to not let commercial vehicles on it.

Yes, like the Blue Ridge Parkway, very nice.

There is also the Baltimore-Washington Parkway, between, as you might
guess, those two cities. No trucks allowed, barely any shoulders, no
gas stations or any businesses at all, mostly through woods.

A mile from US-1` and two miles from I-95 which are parallel US 1 is
very commericial and I-95 is 6 or 8 lanes. Also parallel to

OTOH, traffic has increase on the parkway 5-fold since it opened

"Plans for a parkway linking Baltimore and Washington date back to
Pierre Charles L'Enfant's original layout for Washington, D.C. in the
18th century but did not fully develop until the 1920s. Major reasons
surrounding the need for a parkway included high accident rates on
adjacent US 1 and defense purposes before World War II. In the
mid-1940s, plans for the design of the parkway were finalized and
construction began in 1947 for the state-maintained portion and in 1950
for the NPS-maintained segment. The entire parkway opened to traffic in
stages between 1950 and 1954. Following the completion of the B–W
Parkway, suburban growth took place in both Washington and Baltimore. In
the 1960s and the 1970s, there were plans to give the segment of the
parkway owned by the NPS to the state and make it a part of I-295 and
possibly I-95; however, they never came through and the entire road is
today designated as MD 295, despite only being signed on the
state-maintained portion. Between the 1980s and the 2000s, the NPS
portion of the road was modernized. MD 295 is in the process of being
widened from four to six lanes, with more widening and a new interchange
along this segment planned for the future. "

In other words, it won't be so pleaant anymore.

Also parallel to Telegraph Road, named after the telegraph line that
Samuel Morse built from Baltimore to DC to illustrate the power of the
telegraph. This you guys will definitely find interesting:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baltim...telegraph_line
In March 1843, the US Congress appropriated US$30,000 (equivalent to
$833,250 in 2020) to Samuel Morse to lay a telegraph line between
Washington, D.C. and Baltimore, Maryland, along the right-of-way of the
Baltimore and Ohio Railroad.

Morse originally decided to lay the wire underground, ......

The first time people could communicate instantaneously at distances
greater than what smoke signals and signal fires could accomplish.
Although I've read that even 2500 years ago, a relay of signal fires was
used to notify people 100's of miles away of official determination of
the new moon.
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.computer.workshop

In alt.home.repair, on Thu, 10 Jun 2021 22:01:57 +0100, "NY"
wrote:

"micky" wrote in message
.. .

I also don't like "different than". It should be "different from".

People who use clichés or standard phrases, but get them the wrong way round
so they make no logical sense: "cheap at half the price" (it should be
"cheap at twice the price" if you mean "very cheap")

I don't know the origin of that one.

and that Americanism "I
could care less": no, you *don't* mean that, it makes no sense; you mean "[I
care so little that] I could *not* care less".

But this one started with a sarcastic line from a Catskill commedian***,
saying "I could care less?" where the intonation** showed that he meant,
Could I care less?, and his implied answer was, "No, I couldn't care
less."

So it wasn't backwards when it started but at some point, the intonation
and the question mark at the end got ignored and dropped and what was
left was "I could care less."

***It might have been one specific commedian, but I was little and I
don't remember, and if there was one in particular, I don't remember
who.

**I'm not good at recognizing pitch, but I think you can make most
affirmative statements into questions by raising the pitch of the last
word, "You're done already?" when the spearker doesnt' think he's spent
enough time to actually be done..

If your name is NY, you should know that before airplanes and
air-conditioning, the Catskills was the most popular resort area for New
York City and the entertainment every night included a commedian.
Because of higher elevation, it's cooler there than in the city.

Then there's the ultimate "should of" ("I should of noticed that you were
wearing a new dress"). Grrrr. "Should have"... And that makes its way into
written English, so it's not just sloppy/hurried speech.

I've only seen that a couple times, but both of them in the last month
or so.

The thing that really makes my strangling-fingers start fidgeting (!) is
American-style business-meeting bull****: "leverage" (always pronounced the
US way - levveridge, even by Brits),

What's the other pronunciation?

"blue-sky thinking", "thinking out of
the box", "OpEx and RatEx", "run that up the flagpole and see who salutes",
"Reaching out [to someone]" etc. I suppose it's an offshoot of business
letter clichés from earlier times, such as "I beg to inform you that...",
"Assuring you of our best intentions at all times, I remain your loyal
servant" (*), and "Please find enclosed/attached..." (what's wrong with
"Here is..."?).

I don't know but I've used one or two such phrase on a few occasions, in
letters usually to businesses.

(*) Someone overdosed on the Uriah Heep obsequiousness tablets! So cringing
that it's prostrate. FFS, just say "Yours sincerely/faithfully" depending
whether you started with "Dear [name]" or "Dear Sir/Madam". Except that
addressing "Dear Sir/Madam" is not sufficiently gender-inclusive for the
Wokesters of today.

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.computer.workshop

In alt.home.repair, on Thu, 10 Jun 2021 19:00:14 -0400, Wade Garrett

Tap instead of click.
App instead of program.
Fewer instead of less (even though more has no equivalent).
Slowed up instead of slowed down (slow is less speed, so must be down).
People who write computer programs that say "hello world" and nothing
else - clearly that program doesn't have the intelligence to say hello.
Bothering to distinguish between burned and burnt.
Forward instead of forwards.

I don't have any phrases I especially dislike- but what I hate is when
people act all intellectual and stuff...talking about Mozart and
Beethoven when they’ve never even seen one of their paintings.

LOL I may steal that from you.
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.computer.workshop

Nothing you listed bothers me.

The only thing that bothers me - that truly makes no grammatical sense -
is "I could care less".

If you COULD care less, that means you care. The phrase you want is "I
couldn't care less".

Meaning, I care so little, I can't care any less.

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.computer.workshop

On 6/10/21 7:00 PM, Wade Garrett wrote:

I don't have any phrases I especially dislike- but what I hate is when
people act all intellectual and stuff...talking about Mozart and
Beethoven when theyve never even seen one of their paintings.

LOL nice.

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.computer.workshop

Default Troll-feeding Senile ASSHOLE Alert!

On Thu, 10 Jun 2021 19:00:14 -0400, Wade Garrett, another mentally
challenged, troll-feeding senile asshole, babble:

I don't have any phrases I especially dislike- but what I hate is when
people act all intellectual and stuff...talking about Mozart and
Beethoven when they¢ve never even seen one of their paintings.

Is there NO bait set out by that trolling Scottish attention whore that is
idiotic enough that you senile ASSHOLES will NOT take it? It's not only
absolutely IDIOTIC (as per usual), but entirely off-off-off topic (as per
usual)! tsk
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.computer.workshop

On Thu, 10 Jun 2021 23:05:02 -0400, Bob Campbell, another brain dead,
troll-feeding senile asshole, driveled:

Nothing you listed bothers me.

What REALLY bothers me is that NONE of you troll-feeding senile ASSHOLES
understands what's going on here. That's of course because of your advanced
senility! G
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.computer.workshop

On 10/06/2021 17:36, Commander Kinsey wrote:
Tap instead of click.
App instead of program.
Fewer instead of less (even though more has no equivalent).
Slowed up instead of slowed down (slow is less speed, so must be down).
People who write computer programs that say "hello world" and nothing
else - clearly that program doesn't have the intelligence to say hello.
Bothering to distinguish between burned and burnt.
Forward instead of forwards.

At this present moment in time.

At the end of the day.

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.computer.workshop

Default Lonely Auto-contradicting Psychotic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert!

On Fri, 11 Jun 2021 14:44:57 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

The thing that really makes my strangling-fingers start fidgeting (!) is
American-style business-meeting bull****: "leverage" (always pronounced
the
US way - levveridge, even by Brits),

What's the other pronunciation?

Leeever-idge.

Such brilliant senile assholes! LOL

cretin's pathological trolling:
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.computer.workshop

In alt.home.repair, on Fri, 11 Jun 2021 14:44:57 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

The thing that really makes my strangling-fingers start fidgeting (!) is
American-style business-meeting bull****: "leverage" (always pronounced
the
US way - levveridge, even by Brits),

What's the other pronunciation?

Leeever-idge.

So I bet lever is also/still pronounced differently!
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.computer.workshop

In alt.home.repair, on Fri, 11 Jun 2021 08:46:33 +0100, Andy Bennet
wrote:

On 10/06/2021 17:36, Commander Kinsey wrote:
Tap instead of click.
App instead of program.
Fewer instead of less (even though more has no equivalent).
Slowed up instead of slowed down (slow is less speed, so must be down).
People who write computer programs that say "hello world" and nothing
else - clearly that program doesn't have the intelligence to say hello.
Bothering to distinguish between burned and burnt.
Forward instead of forwards.

At this present moment in time.

Yeah, that bothers me too, although I think what I've heard is slightly
different. It seems like a phoney effort to look competent and precise
because the things described don't even happen in a moment. Often they
take weeks. I first noticed this, and I think it started, from people
in the Nixon administration

At the end of the day.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 10 June 2021 at 17:36:57 UTC+1, Commander Kinsey wrote:
Tap instead of click.
App instead of program.
Fewer instead of less (even though more has no equivalent).
Slowed up instead of slowed down (slow is less speed, so must be down).
People who write computer programs that say "hello world" and nothing else - clearly that program doesn't have the intelligence to say hello.
Bothering to distinguish between burned and burnt.
Forward instead of forwards.

On this forum, possibly the most annoying words/phrases a
"Commander Kinsey"
"Rod Speed"
"Peeler" (even if I agree with much of the direction of the campaign).
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.computer.workshop

On Fri, 11 Jun 2021 08:46:33 +0100, Andy Bennet, another brain dead,
troll-feeding senile asshole, blabbered:

At this present moment in time.

At the end of the day.

Do you senile assholes really know NO shame AT ALL? What has your senile
**** got to do with the three ngs you crossposted it to? And you assholes
KNOW what's the matter with that sociopathic Scottish troll whose idiotic
baits you senile morons THANKFULLY take, every time! tsk

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.computer.workshop

wrote:

The thing that really makes my strangling-fingers start fidgeting (!) is
American-style business-meeting bull****: "leverage" (always pronounced
the
US way - levveridge, even by Brits),

What's the other pronunciation?

Leeever-idge.

So I bet lever is also/still pronounced differently!

Dunno, havent noticed how you yanks pronounce it.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/lever
has both. So do the other obvious dictionarys.

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.computer.workshop

On 10/06/2021 10:01 pm, NY wrote:
"micky" wrote in message

I also don't like "different than".Â* It should be "different from".

People who use clichés or standard phrases, but get them the wrong way
round so they make no logical sense: "cheap at half the price" (it
should be "cheap at twice the price" if you mean "very cheap") and that
Americanism "I could care less": no, you *don't* mean that, it makes no
sense; you mean "[I care so little that] I could *not* care less".

Then there's the ultimate "should of" ("I should of noticed that you
were wearing a new dress"). Grrrr. "Should have"...Â*Â* And that makes its
way into written English, so it's not just sloppy/hurried speech.

The thing that really makes my strangling-fingers start fidgeting (!) is
American-style business-meeting bull****: "leverage" (always pronounced
the US way - levveridge, even by Brits), "blue-sky thinking", "thinking
out of the box", "OpEx and RatEx", "run that up the flagpole and see who
salutes", "Reaching out [to someone]" etc. I suppose it's an offshoot of
business letter clichés from earlier times, such as "I beg to inform you
that...", "Assuring you of our best intentions at all times, I remain
your loyal servant" (*), and "Please find enclosed/attached..." (what's
wrong with "Here is..."?).

I don't think "Please find enclosed/attached" is an Americanism. Scrooge
and Cratchit would have been familiar with it (had they existed).

"Here is / are" doesn't really work as well as "Please find enclosed".
The idea is to leave no doubt that the item or information being sent is
in a separate document (or might be a cheque / banker's draft, etc).

(*) Someone overdosed on the Uriah Heep obsequiousness tablets! So
cringing that it's prostrate. FFS, just say "Yours sincerely/faithfully"
depending whether you started with "Dear [name]" or "Dear Sir/Madam".
Except that addressing "Dear Sir/Madam" is not sufficiently
gender-inclusive for the Wokesters of today.

:-)
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.computer.workshop

Tap instead of click.
App instead of program.
Fewer instead of less (even though more has no equivalent).
Slowed up instead of slowed down (slow is less speed, so must be down).
People who write computer programs that say "hello world" and nothing else - clearly that program doesn't have the intelligence to say hello.
Bothering to distinguish between burned and burnt.
Forward instead of forwards.

The leftist MSM propagandists calling themselves journalists.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 10 Jun 2021 17:36:53 +0100, "Commander Kinsey"
wrote:

People who pronounce 'aitch' as 'Haich'.
People who say 'anythink'.
People who say things like '3am in the morning'.
People who call the car the 'Robin Reliant'.
People who say 'we was'.

I don't really care about and are just funny when used incorrectly or
are already intentionally so, like 'Rocket surgeon'.

The only ones that get close are those people repeat a lot at the end
of a sentence like 'do you know what I mean' or 'yeah' (as if to
prompt a response to confirm your continuing attention).

Cheers, T i m
Posted to alt.home.repair, uk.d-i-y, alt.computer.workshop

On 2021 Jun10, gareth evans wrote
(in article ):

On 10/06/2021 19:23, Peeler wrote:
On Thu, 10 Jun 2021 18:54:19 +0100, gareth evans, another mentally
challenged, troll-feeding, senile idiot, blathered:

Listen up and park up instead of listen and park

What about "Don't feed the troll", troll-feeding asshole?

You are one sick kiddie.

I wonder if it is possible for the community of contributors
to this NG to get you shut down on the simple basis of
your repeatedly exceeding the Breidbart limit?

Just killfile him. I did.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 11 Jun 2021 01:47:01 -0700, polygonum_on_google wrote:

On Thursday, 10 June 2021 at 17:36:57 UTC+1, Commander Kinsey wrote:
Tap instead of click.
App instead of program.
Fewer instead of less (even though more has no equivalent).
Slowed up instead of slowed down (slow is less speed, so must be down).
People who write computer programs that say "hello world" and nothing
else - clearly that program doesn't have the intelligence to say hello.
Bothering to distinguish between burned and burnt.
Forward instead of forwards.

On this forum, possibly the most annoying words/phrases a "Commander
Kinsey"
"Rod Speed"
"Peeler" (even if I agree with much of the direction of the campaign).

Use of the words 'site' or 'forum' instead of 'newsgroup'!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Commander Kinsey wrote:
Tap instead of click. App instead of program. Fewer instead of less
(even though more has no equivalent). Slowed up instead of slowed down
(slow is less speed, so must be down). People who write computer
programs that say "hello world" and nothing else - clearly that program
doesn't have the intelligence to say hello. Bothering to distinguish
between burned and burnt. Forward instead of forwards.

By far and away the most annoying words are Commander Kinsey as author of
a post.

--
*We never really grow*up, we only learn how to act in public.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

People who pronounce 'aitch' as 'Haich'.
People who say 'anythink'.
People who say things like '3am in the morning'.
People who call the car the 'Robin Reliant'.

why this bias against owners of Robin Reliants?

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.computer.workshop

Tap instead of click.
App instead of program.
Fewer instead of less (even though more has no equivalent).
Slowed up instead of slowed down (slow is less speed, so must be down).
People who write computer programs that say "hello world" and nothing
else - clearly that program doesn't have the intelligence to say hello.
Bothering to distinguish between burned and burnt.
Forward instead of forwards.

"Price point" instead of "price."

--
Why is it that the people who want more government control over your
life are the same ones who want you to be disarmed?

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.computer.workshop

On Fri, 11 Jun 2021 07:08:16 -0400, Buck Fiden, another mentally challenged,
troll-feeding senile asshole, babbled:

The leftist MSM propagandists calling themselves journalists.

Troll-feeding blathering and gossiping senile cretins such as your kind on
these groups annoy me! It almost hurts to be confronted with THAT much
stupidity and senility! BG
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.computer.workshop

On Fri, 11 Jun 2021 09:20:27 -0400, Wade Garrulous, another mentally
handicapped, troll-feeding, senile asshole, blathered:

"Price point" instead of "price."

Anything else, blithering idiot? Or is that the only one?
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.computer.workshop

On Fri, 11 Jun 2021 07:42:01 -0400, Wolffan, another demented senile twit,
babbled:

What about "Don't feed the troll", troll-feeding asshole?

You are one sick kiddie.

I wonder if it is possible for the community of contributors
to this NG to get you shut down on the simple basis of
your repeatedly exceeding the Breidbart limit?

Just killfile him. I did.

He can't do it. Just like you and all the others here can't do it. Though
all of you are OBVIOUSLY senile, you STILL feel that I'm posting nothing but
the TRUTH.
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.computer.workshop

On 6/11/2021 9:20 AM, Wade Garrett wrote:
Tap instead of click.
App instead of program.
Fewer instead of less (even though more has no equivalent).
Slowed up instead of slowed down (slow is less speed, so must be down).
People who write computer programs that say "hello world" and nothing
else - clearly that program doesn't have the intelligence to say hello.
Bothering to distinguish between burned and burnt.
Forward instead of forwards.

"Price point" instead of "price."

They have different meanings and not interchangeable. I guess many
don't know that.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/06/2021 11:36, T i m wrote:

The only ones that get close are those people repeat a lot at the end
of a sentence like 'do you know what I mean' or 'yeah' (as if to
prompt a response to confirm your continuing attention).

Then there's the odd character about that writes a statement in
sentences that end with a question mark?

Sometimes several in one short posting?

[You see what I did there?]

--
Spike

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Troll-feeding Senile C R E T I N Alert!

On Fri, 11 Jun 2021 12:36:45 +0100, D i m, the absolutely brain dead
notorious troll-feeding senile asshole, blathered, yet again:

People who pronounce 'aitch' as 'Haich'.
People who say 'anythink'.
People who say things like '3am in the morning'.
People who call the car the 'Robin Reliant'.
People who say 'we was'.

I don't really care about and are just funny when used incorrectly or
are already intentionally so, like 'Rocket surgeon'.

The only ones that get close are those people repeat a lot at the end
of a sentence like 'do you know what I mean' or 'yeah' (as if to
prompt a response to confirm your continuing attention).

Cheers, D i m

Interesting ...your advanced SENILITY, that is, D I M!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 11 Jun 2021 14:13:54 +0100, "tim..."
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

People who pronounce 'aitch' as 'Haich'.
People who say 'anythink'.
People who say things like '3am in the morning'.
People who call the car the 'Robin Reliant'.

why this bias against owners of Robin Reliants?

It's the same bias as I have against owners of Escort Fords.

Cheers, T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/06/2021 12:54, Bob Eager wrote:

Use of the words 'site' or 'forum' instead of 'newsgroup'!

But a NG _IS_ a discussion forum. Would you prefer, "Agora"?

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.computer.workshop

Default What words or phrases annoy you?

I think its the weird way of using old words.
Our vision is that this will inform our policies toward carbon neutrality.
Ie lots of word to say, lets see if we can do it on the cheap, but I also
get annoyed by politicians dressing up things as something else.
We were at that time blind to this.
Instead of, I cocked it up cos I never read the memo, and in any case why
is blind used in that context? Blind is simply in the lack of sight. I mean
blind drunk, Blind faith, blind alley??

I also get annoyed with a gradual change to the names of organisations for
blind people calling themselves. Vision Australia, or London Vision, or
Vision foundation etc, Vision loss is fine, but these organisations sound
like some kind of hippy think tank, not a charity to help blind people, what
is wrong with blind, or vision loss or partially sighted??

Nothing, its yet another buzz word in the war for being noticed, but now
everyone has done it they all sound the same again!

The word Overarching seems to have been created in the last 15 years or so.
Strange nebulous word.

My mission statement is to restore plain speaking...
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
news
Tap instead of click.
App instead of program.
Fewer instead of less (even though more has no equivalent).
Slowed up instead of slowed down (slow is less speed, so must be down).
People who write computer programs that say "hello world" and nothing
else - clearly that program doesn't have the intelligence to say hello.
Bothering to distinguish between burned and burnt.
Forward instead of forwards.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 11 Jun 2021 14:14:59 +0000, Spike
wrote:

On 11/06/2021 11:36, T i m wrote:

The only ones that get close are those people repeat a lot at the end
of a sentence like 'do you know what I mean' or 'yeah' (as if to
prompt a response to confirm your continuing attention).

Then there's the odd character about that writes a statement in
sentences that end with a question mark?

Sometimes several in one short posting?

[You see what I did there?]

Yes, you made a **** of yourself, *again*.

"Can't you do anything right?"