Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default OT: How to attract cows

On Fri, 4 Jun 2021 07:08:49 -0400, Buck Fiden
wrote:

snip

Meanwhile eating meat is as bad as racism.* What gives you the right to say an animal has less rights than a human?* Why not do the same and eat other races of people?

Go take a swim with some hungry adult alligators. Gators don't observe human rights. There are no reciprocity agreements.

Of course there are. There are loads of prey animals that are scared
of us along with loads of predators, just as there are herbivores that
would kill us easily if we broke their rules (like hippo or gorilla),
just as we do if they break ours (often around social distancing).

What you are trying to conflate is the difference between us, an
'advanced species' that has the ability to differentiate and choose
and avoid between the animals we share this rock with versus those
that would consider anything in 'their patch' and made of meat (like
them), fair game.

The other big difference is that they have to get down and dirty,
killing their prey with the tools they were born with, not a lump of
lead fired at them with no way to defend themselves from hundreds of
meters away or a trap, spear, arrow or blade (and I know a very few
animals can do similar, like the archer fish, it's still using it's
own mouth).

And when a predator takes on it's prey in nature, it can often end up
the worst for doing so, like an alligator and tiger.

Cheers, T i m