kjpro

Default Condensate everywhere

Without being there...........
..........I'd say the coil is dirty........
..............causing a restriction in air-flow.

Which is allowing the excessive air-flow pressure to blow the water off the
coil.
(being you say the drain is clean)

Get a competent tech to clean the coil and check the refrigerate charge.
(not just pressures.............they need to check the SH & SC)
As someone may have put some refrigerate in it to keep it from freezing.
(at some point..........as the coil got dirty)

--
kjpro
_-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-__-~-_

( kjpro @ starband . net ) remove spaces to e-mail

Want it done yesterday? Or done right today, to save money tomorrow!!

_________________________ __

"Gary M" wrote in message
I really hope someone will be able to help me here; I own a 99 Oakwood
home with a Intertherm/Nordyne HVAC unit. The coils of the unit are in
an 'A' configuration and sit in a plastic tray which rests over the
blower cabinet. Ostensibly, this is to catch the condensate and drain
it away via a hose which leads outside. This part of it works fine and
I have cleared the hose more than once.
The problem I have is this; A lot of the water doesn't reach the
drain hose. Instead, it leaks down into and onto the blower equipment
below. This has led to the sequencer and the cicuit breaker shorting
out and they have been replaced. The repairman told me that the drain
had gotten clogged, but that is not the case now. The water seems to
be coming from some other part of the tray. Before I get another
serviceman out here to tell me, "Your drain hose was clogged. That'll
be $xx.xx." I would like to know if there is another cause and better
still, if there is something 'I' can do about it without having to
dismantle the entire cooling system.
Thanks in advance,
-Gary M-