Posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default OT: Vaccine causes virus mutations?

"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 09 Jun 2021 19:22:17 +0100, Snit
wrote:

On Jun 9, 2021 at 10:42:39 AM MST, ""Commander Kinsey"" wrote
:

On Mon, 07 Jun 2021 19:05:10 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

Commander Kinsey wrote

Doesn't giving a coronavirus vaccine to everyone increase
the chances of the virus mutating to avoid the vaccine?

Nope, it's the reverse of that, the virus can only
mutate in infected people and so the fewer that
get infected, the less the chance of it mutating.

I doubt we know how the virus thinks.

Viruses do not think.

This one is cleverer than most.

Nope, just more virulent than most.

So we should be using it sparingly.

Nope, we should be vaccinating as many as possible with
the best vaccines to reduce the number who get infected.

Just let some weak folk die off, the world is too full.

Are you volunteering?

I admit I'm not the healthiest specimen. And I've volunteered by not
having the vaccine. If my immune system can't kill it off, I shouldn't be
here.

It didn't work like that with the spanish flu.