Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.computer.workshop
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default OT: What words or phrases annoy you?

Commander Kinsey wrote
Rod Speed wrote

Draw instead of drawer with a chest of draws on facebook.
Not annoy so much as just ****ed.

Commander Kinsey wrote

Tap instead of click.

You don't click anything with a smartphone.

You might as well call it a click.

But then everyone will ask how you click with a smartphone.

It's precisely the same action.

But the anals like you will howl about that.

I even see instructions on how to fix things say
"tap or click", like phone users are too stupid to
know that click can be done with your finger.

Plenty would ask how you click with a smartphone.

App instead of program.

Works better than prog.

They both sound stupid.

Only to the pathetically anal.

But as an Aussie you're more used to excessive
shortening of everything, like "arvo" would
never be acceptable in the UK.

Your problem, as always.

Even you dregs use bob, bill, joe etc etc etc.

Fewer instead of less (even though more has no equivalent).

Not that pathetically anal.

The pathetic are the ones that insist on using the "correct" one.

You are just as pathetic.

Slowed up instead of slowed down
(slow is less speed, so must be down).

Not that pathetically anal.

It's a blatant contradiction!

Only for the pathetically anal.

People who write computer programs
that say "hello world" and nothing else

Doesn't happen enough to matter anymore.

I only need to see it once to want to kill.

Because you are that pathetically anal.