Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Vegan children have stunted growth

"Fredxx" wrote in message
On 09/06/2021 21:30, Ed wrote:
The boundary is crossed if I call you names, or if you call me names,
something a fellow poster seems keen to do to anyone who consumes meat,
or is a vegetarian consuming animal products, and can stand up and
justify their position. I would correctly describe him as a fanatic.

I don't think there's a perfect diet that works for everyone. We have to
find what works for us. I *became* a vegan rather than being born into it
so I've been able to tune my diet accordingly.
I predict within 30 years people in the western world will have
practically stopped eating meat because of the push for sustainability
and alternatives developed that are so similar that nobody will need to
eat meat.
It'll be become like smoking. It's quite rare to see people smoking
cigarettes these days, at least in the city I'm in.

Smoking was eventually proven to be harmful. It was known by the tobacco
companies to be harmful while the public was told smoking was healthy.

I'd wager as time passes on the same will be said for veganism.

Currently there are many proponents saying eating a plant based diet is
healthy, and the possible impact on the environment.

However, even now there are a number of studies which show that children
are harmed by following a vegan diet and some authorities are waking up to
this.

I predict less meat consumption

More is much more likely in the bulk of the world.

but until we have a greater understanding of out diet and how it effects
growth in children I can't see it changing to the extent you imagine in 30
years time. Even then I don't expect a tray of chicken thighs to have a
warning "eating meat kills".