Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Vegan children have stunted growth

Ed wrote

I've not read the article but I've been vegan for about 18 years.

Thats obvious from your posts.

A well-planned and thought out vegan diet is required.
Then in my opinion it's incredibly healthy.

But you have no scientific basis for that opinion.

There are issues with possible zinc deficiency and B12
but I can counter these by saying that soil has become
depleted of minerals by generations of intensive farming.

But its trivial to fix that.

It's thought that over a billion people are zinc deficient.

But thats because of where the food they eat is grown.

Safe to say, they're not all vegan, though many will be vegetarians if
they live in India.

B12 is actually misunderstood. People think it
only comes from meat. It actually is a bacterium
that lives on leaves, which the animals eat.

I do supplement with B12 and zinc picolinate but
if we were living thousands of years ago, growing
our own food, etc. I doubt I'd need to.

But you have no scientific basis for that doubt and
its irrelevant anyway, we dont live like that anymore.

To the person who called veganism a "crackpot
religion", it's neither of those things.

Bull****.