Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fredxx[_4_] Fredxx[_4_] is offline

Default Halogen to be banned

In article ,
Fredxx wrote:
When I looked into this, the issue was with cars and not bikes. You can
fit LEDs to cars if there is some self-levelling of headlamp aim and
headlamp wash-wipes. Those rules don't apply to bikes.

I also read that these rules only apply to lamps above a certain light
output.

That could make more sense. But I think you're wrong. That is the problem
with headlight regs. They don't mention light output.

I tried looking up the claim and have come to the conclusion I must have
dreamt it. From:

https://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/bl...gal-in-the-uk/

Please note that since January 2021, the MOT Inspection manual has been
updated to include LED bulbs.

Section 4.1.4 now states the following:

€śExisting halogen headlamp units should not be converted to be used with
high intensity discharge (HID) or light emitting diode (LED) bulbs. If
such a conversion has been done, you must fail the headlamp.€ť

This is a brand new update that seems to only focus on headlights.

There are no mentions to fail other LED bulbs such as brake lights, tail
lights or reversing lights."