Posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default OT: Vaccine causes virus mutations?

"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 08 Jun 2021 00:35:26 +0100, Snit
wrote:

On Jun 7, 2021 at 4:24:07 PM MST, ""Rod Speed"" wrote
:

Snit wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Snit wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Commander Kinsey wrote

Doesn't giving a coronavirus vaccine to everyone increase the
chances of the virus mutating to avoid the vaccine?

Nope, it's the reverse of that, the virus can only mutate in
infected
people and so the fewer that get infected, the less the chance of
it
mutating.

Exactly!

So we should be using it sparingly.

Nope, we should be vaccinating as many as possible with the best
vaccines to reduce the number who get infected.

Yup. And they are nearing what they think is herd immunity in New
York.
Amazing.

Dunno, nothing useful on that with
https://www.google.com/search?q=herd...ty+in+New+York
Gotta link ?

Did more looking into this.

Need 70% to get to herd immunity:

Its nothing like that simple now with the new more virulent strains.

That is what I thought, but I have found multiple sources saying 70% is
what
they think would do it. In the past I had seen 80-90%.

https://www.jhsph.edu/covid-19/artic...h-covid19.html

That doesnt say that it only needs to get to 70%.

"What we know about coronavirus so far suggests that, if we were really
to go
back to a pre-pandemic lifestyle, we would need at least 70% of the
population
to be immune to keep the rate of infection down (€śachieve herd immunity€ť)
without restrictions on activities."

Most people who are likely to get it will have already had it

Thats bull**** with those who take sensible
precautions to avoid getting infected.

(and most likely not had any symptoms).

More mindless bull****.

Just let people get back to normal, there won't be many more cases.

Must explain the 3rd wave in the UK and India
in spades and in Taiwan, Vietnam etc etc etc.