Posted to uk.d-i-y
Richard[_10_] Richard[_10_] is offline

Default Vegan children have stunted growth

On 09/06/2021 19:18, Ed wrote:
I've not read the article but I've been vegan for about 18 years.
A well-planned and thought out vegan diet is required. Then in my opinion it's incredibly healthy.
There are issues with possible zinc deficiency and B12 but I can counter these by saying that soil has become depleted of minerals by generations of intensive farming. It's thought that over a billion people are zinc deficient. Safe to say, they're not all vegan, though many will be vegetarians if they live in India.
B12 is actually misunderstood. People think it only comes from meat. It actually is a bacterium that lives on leaves, which the animals eat.
I do supplement with B12 and zinc picolinate but if we were living thousands of years ago, growing our own food, etc. I doubt I'd need to.
To the person who called veganism a "crackpot religion", it's neither of those things.

You sound reasonable.
Perhaps you could persuade the resident zealot to tone it down a bit.
Just post with OT:Ping T i m