Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default Halogen to be banned

On 09/06/2021 18:34, Fredxx wrote:
On 09/06/2021 12:55, Scott wrote:
On Wed, 9 Jun 2021 12:20:16 +0100, nightjar wrote:

On 09/06/2021 09:39, ss wrote:
..."Sales of halogen lightbulbs are to be banned in the UK from
September, with fluorescent lights to follow, under government climate
change plans"....

Apart from a few, rarely used, lamps that have yet to be changed, I have
long converted everything to LED.

Me too, except for my bedside lamp which is halogen for colour
rendition.Â* Any comments on reading under a 230V LED spotlight?Â* Would
you go for cool, daylight or warm?

This may or may not help.
Â* https://www.lamps-on-line.com/colour-temperature

Halogen is regarded as 3000k, or warm white.

If you want to stay awake, the the cooler temperatures, to go to sleep
then perhaps aim for the warmer temps.

Yes. But 2700K is the old incandescent colour.

--
Adam