Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris J Dixon Chris J Dixon is offline

Default Halogen to be banned

The Other John wrote:

In our bathroom we have 2 halogen wall lights with G9 40W mains capsules
rated at 460L each. Looking at LED replacements I can only see 200L
capsules, so we would get less than half the illumination. Fortunately I
have 5 spares so they should out last me!

I have 6 x 12 V MR16 bulbs in my bathroom, fed via a Dimpull. So
far they haven't made a version of the Dimpull that can handle
LEDs.

In the 16 years since they were installed (tempting providence) I
don't think I have changed any bulbs, of which I have a stock,
but I am on my 3rd Dimpull. Its soft start is obviously good for
bulb life, just a shame its own design isn't better.

Extrapolating, I don't think I need to worry.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK
@ChrisJDixon1