Posted to uk.d-i-y
newshound newshound is offline

Default Stairlift - batteries/maintenance/instruction/opinions

On 09/06/2021 12:12, AnthonyL wrote:
On 08 Jun 2021 23:35:59 +0100 (BST), Theo
wrote:

They seem pretty simple. If they're mechanically good then a battery change
and a bit of lubrication seems like all that's needed to service them.

Just an oily rag, or graphite, silicone, grease?

Presumably just needs to be very very light.

On the Stannah there is a plastic coated rail, I think that plastic
wheels run on that, and a rack for the driving pinion. I'd be inclined
to wipe the rail with a dry cloth with just a very light spray of WD40
on it, and give the rack a light spray of WD40 avoiding spraying the
wall or carpet.

I would not use graphite, or grease unless the instructions explicitly
say so. Silicone spray would also be OK for the tube.