Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Halogen to be banned

On 09/06/2021 17:33, polygonum_on_google wrote:
On Wednesday, 9 June 2021 at 17:14:45 UTC+1, Owain Lastname wrote:
On Wednesday, 9 June 2021 at 15:19:56 UTC+1, Mark Carver wrote:
There is also the theatre where halogen lamps are still in use in
significant quantities.

Operating theatres too?

And vehicle headlights :-)

Illegal for LED headlights at present, I believe.

Owain

Do you mean to claim that LED headlights are at present illegal?

Shame no-one told VAG a few years ago when they made my car.

Effectively, they are. However, supplied as part of a homologated car,
they have to be accepted under EU rules (and we are still sticking with
those) and the DOT has gone so far as to say that it would be
unreasonable to not permit retrofitting to cars that came without them -
however, there are requirements that make retrofitting possibly
expensive and difficult (wash/wipe and self-levelling).