Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default OT: Problems with Moto G 6-plus Phone

On 09/06/2021 15:01, Roger Mills wrote:
On 09/06/2021 01:59, John Rumm wrote:
On 08/06/2021 23:23, Roger Mills wrote:

My phone tends to suffer from two problems - which may or may not be
related. [Moto g(6)plus, Android 9, Build: PPW29-116-20-28]

I have the same phone on the same OS revision. Not had either of those
on mine...

Have had a funny where it makes no sound when ringing, but vibrates
still, and works when you answer. A power cycle fixes that.

Firstly, it sometimes refuses to answer an incoming call. I can tap
Accept, or swipe up - depending on what it was doing at the time -
but it just goes on ringing until it goes to voicemail.

Secondly, I frequently lose incoming sound in the middle of a call.
The person the other end can apparently hear me, but I can't hear
them. [The call starts ok with 2-way speech, but this typically
happens a minute or so into the call.

Does the same happen via bluetooth?

Do you mean when using it "hands-free" etc.? I don't recall it ever
happening on an in-car call - but I make/receive very few of those anyway.

Yup, since then its using the same call data, but "rendering" it on
different hardware. So that would bypass the audio amp and speaker
sections of the phone.

If it loses audio mid call, can you still get other sounds out of the
phone (just wondering if this is hardware or software)

I have discovered that the accessibility function "press power button to
end call" was turned on, so I've turned it off. The way I hold the phone
during calls could inadvertently cause the power button to be pressed.
If that were the problem though, I wouldn't expect the other party to
still be able to hear me - but they can.

That sounds like it would end the call.

--
Cheers,

John.