Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default FreeSat.

In article ,
T i m wrote:
On Wed, 09 Jun 2021 13:21:39 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

snip

Since it's very easy to get at from the roof terrace, I've dug out the
motor instructions and compass etc and am going to start from the
beginning.

I'm pretty certain the mounting is solid and plumb and hasn't moved.

So are you saying it has previously worked ok with the same dish / LMB
/ mount (and you don't believe it's moved since)?

A guarded yes. But I've not really used it lately.

If so, whilst it might not hurt to check the settings (if it's easy to
get at as you say) then it might be worth / also considering other
aspects, like (guessing) the polarizer? Could it be possible the TV
uses it differently to the previous setup?

Is this all on a single coax (I've only really had hands on with
systems with separate polarizers (/ shotgun / FO8 cable etc) but the
principles should be the same)?

The first thing I noticed was the dish wasn't square to the drive in the 0
position. Used a large set square to get it a lot better. Then set the
whole lot pointing south using a compass. After wasting time on true south
over magnetic south. And finding the compass changed if I moved it along
the parapet wall a bit. So may not be ideal. Motor elevation angle was
correct on that scale, as was the dish angle bracket.

Found Astra 28 on the TV and stored it. Did a FreeSat tune which took only
a few seconds and everything appears to be there.

So Bill was 'wright' again. ;-) Perfectly possible to get some of the
Astra 28 group but not all, if the dish is off alignment.

--
*A conscience is what hurts when all your other parts feel so good *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.