Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default OT: Problems with Moto G 6-plus Phone

Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote

The fault sounds to me like randomly the perceived gestures are not
working or it thinks a gesture has been done but has not.

I don't really know if there is a mute caller gesture,

Corse there is, but its too obscene to be posted in here.

but if there is then it might get triggered by a dodgy screen.

"newshound" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 08/06/2021 23:23, Roger Mills wrote:

My phone tends to suffer from two problems - which may or may not be
related. [Moto g(6)plus, Android 9, Build: PPW29-116-20-28]

Firstly, it sometimes refuses to answer an incoming call. I can tap
Accept, or swipe up - depending on what it was doing at the time - but
it just goes on ringing until it goes to voicemail.

Secondly, I frequently lose incoming sound in the middle of a call. The
person the other end can apparently hear me, but I can't hear them. [The
call starts ok with 2-way speech, but this typically happens a minute or
so into the call.

Any clues on what to look for?

[The usual mobile/Android groups have not borne fruit, so I'm
cross-posting here since this NG is by far the best source of all things
technical.]

I've had several Moto G phones of various models over the past few years
(currently on an 8). One had a "hard" microphone failure, two others
started showing short battery life but associated with the phone, not the
battery. In each case after something like 18 months to two years of use.
As relatively low cost phones given their performance I just replaced
them. I did divert to Huawei for a while but that was unreliable
downloading BBC Sounds files. Touch screens seem a little flakey with
either cold or wet hands. I've actually never lost or broken a phone, but
I tend to regard £100 or so as a throw away sum, whereas I'd be reluctant
to risk £500 plus on one. YMMV.