Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Green Chris Green is offline

Default OT: Problems with Moto G 6-plus Phone

newshound wrote:

I've had several Moto G phones of various models over the past few years
(currently on an 8). One had a "hard" microphone failure, two others
started showing short battery life but associated with the phone, not
the battery. In each case after something like 18 months to two years of
use. As relatively low cost phones given their performance I just
replaced them. I did divert to Huawei for a while but that was
unreliable downloading BBC Sounds files. Touch screens seem a little
flakey with either cold or wet hands. I've actually never lost or broken
a phone, but I tend to regard £100 or so as a throw away sum, whereas
I'd be reluctant to risk £500 plus on one. YMMV.

Mobile phones seem to live in a wierd "value for money" world of their
own. If I spent £100 plus on a piece of technology I would expect it
to work pretty well and I certainly wouldn't regard it as "throw
away".

--
Chris Green
·