Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Anybody use a Roomba in the workshop?

On 6/7/2021 2:42 PM, Puckdropper wrote:
Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in
:

We have had a Roomba since 2008. And we will likely always have one.

If I ran a Roomba in my shop I would not get anything done between
emptying the bin and waiting on it to get out of the way.

With that said, self cleaning to empty the bin may work but not as
quickly as simply sweeping or blowing the dust out.

My biggest complaint about the Roomba is that it will "effectively"
rearrange the room. You'll keep the room in the way the Roomba wants so it
can run, clean, and get back to base.

Build heavier furniture. We have an i7 so it does not move much
furniture, except for a certain step stool. ;~)

Small price to pay, though, for not having to run that noisy distuned
wrist-twister vacuum. (Feins are better, but they still suck.)

Exactly!

Puckdropper