Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT: Manual or automatic gearbox? and XC60 opinion...

Adrian Caspersz wrote:

So my car looks for things in front, and stays a configured distance
behind them. Collision avoidance.

Mine doesn't have radar cruise control, but it does have a front facing
camera under the rear view mirror that looks out for "hazards"

When it spots a "hazard" it goes BONG! and flashes up a distracting
message on the screen, it has never managed to spot one of these hazards
before I did, and the other day as I was pulling around a bend over a
humpback bridge, it noticed that I was momentarily aimed towards some
pedestrians walking the other way round the bend, so it did a full-on
application of ABS, ****ing thing!