Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT: Manual or automatic gearbox? and XC60 opinion...

polygonum_on_google wrote:

Are you sure it isn't an automatic parking brake? That releases
itself as you accelerate off from stopped.

On my car, with DSG, I just take my foot off the brake when it has
stopped. Parking brake will have applied itself. Then onto
accelerator to move off again.

My only niggle with that, using the electric handbrake, is that the car
squats down a little with brakes just on the rear, while the hold assist
uses all 4 brakes and sets of again without squatting down.