Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT: Manual or automatic gearbox? and XC60 opinion...

In article ,
Tim Streater wrote:
The engine stops when I come to rest so a light touch on the brake keeps
the battery from rolling me forward. I don't have any trouble with
judging acceleration. And the left foot should do nothing while driving.
Right foot for loud and soft pedals in all cars, whether manual or auto.

So you're happy having the brake lights on when stopped in a traffic
queue? I'm not. As it annoys me others doing it.

I've left foot braked for about 50 years on autos. And not had a problem
reverting to a manual. It might be more difficult if you had two identical
cars, but one manual one auto.

--
*We are born naked, wet, and hungry. Then things get worse.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.