Posted to uk.d-i-y
JNugent[_7_] JNugent[_7_] is offline

Default Apologies...

On 07/06/2021 11:13 am, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

JNugent wrote:

What I was finding before making that adjustment was that I could post
to some NGs (eg, alt.test) but not to others (eg, this one).

I use the free News Eternal September and AIOE. Why both? They don't both
carry all the groups I want. Although obviously some are on both.
But I do seem to be able to post to any using just one of them.

I used to use the Pipex news server (when it existed - and at a far from
cheap price for the ISP's services). It was pretty good, giving access
even to binary groups. But one day, they just announced that they were
withdrawing it, hence my signing up with the Berlin university (and
changing ISP). I did try one or two of the "free" servers, but settled
on the ten Euro sub from Berlin.