Posted to uk.d-i-y
JNugent[_7_] JNugent[_7_] is offline

Default Apologies...

On 07/06/2021 08:27 am, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:

Is not that nntp?
Brian

The nntp bit was working - I was seeing posts.

It was not being able to send posts to usenet (at least, in some NGs)
that was the difficulty, hence my visit to the news.individual.net
website and following the instructions. And also the reason for posting
a test post (and my subsequent apology for that).

I can only report what I read at that site. I don't think the university
was trying to advise me on how to set up email (as opposed to usenet),
but will gladly defer to anyone with better knowledge of how all this works.