Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fredxx[_4_] Fredxx[_4_] is offline

Default Vegan children have stunted growth

On 06/06/2021 20:54, T i m wrote:
On 6 Jun 2021 19:17:14 GMT, Tim+ wrote:

T i m wrote:
On Sun, 6 Jun 2021 11:07:15 -0700 (PDT), Scribbles

Why can you not be broad minded enough to try some of mine, too?

Because you are making the mistake about what it is you can eat (or if
it's animals, how it's killed) when it's all about what you shouldn't
(want to) or don't need to eat.

I see.

I doubt it very much! ;-)

YOU decide its a mistake and force hosts to accommodate your eating
choices?

Nope, who is forcing anything on anyone?

I know perfectly well what I CAN eat.

I'm sure you do, even if it's not good for you, the animals, the other
humans or the planet.

You choose to be
€śanti-social€ť (as in conforming to normal societal rules) and insist that
the world changes to accommodate you.

Only the world as you see it today. It's not my world or a world we
*will* all be living in in the future.

The chances are that your vegan friends weren't raised vegan and have
chosen that lifestyle / diet since, so they know very well what meat /
eggs / milk taste like and probably enjoyed it, just that now they
prefer their food without all the associated death and suffering?

They are inviting you out for a game of tennis.
You are inviting them out foxhunting, not golf.

When you equate eating a diet that we evolved on (and made us who we are
today) with killing for sport, it just reveals your fanaticism.

Whoosh. It's funny how a simple but accurate analogy confuses people
who are already very confused.

It's not an analogy. There is no confusion.

The analogy should have said it all, but 'of course' you won't want to
consider it because you haven't yet got that it is you that *IS* the
foxhuner and the others not.

Just because we have done something doesn't mean it's right (now or
ever) to have done it. All you can say is that 'it's what we once did'
and need not have any greater relevance or bearing other than that.

When it comes to a natural wholesome diet, and the known damage it does
to children it is extremely relevant.

So, if you invite *anyone* round and offer them a glass of water the
chances are 'most people' would be willing / able to drink it. Offer
them a glass of wine, a beer, tea with milk or sugar and you are now
*assuming* they should drink it, just because you or 'most people' do.

Just because 'most people' currently eat meat (although *millions of
people don't for all sorts of reasons), doesn't mean that of all the
'social norms' should or would be acceptable to everyone (when it
obviously isn't).

It is a social norm to accept hospitality.

There is no one I know that if invited round for 'a meal' wouldn't eat
and hopefully enjoy most of the vegan meals I cook and none of them
could tell me that for religious, cultural, allergy or any other
reason that the meal *must* include meat?

I'm sure I would enjoy a meal you cooked for me too. That isn't the
issue here.

A council has stipulated that all it's buffets should be vegan because
in that case *everyone* can eat them. No faffing about with how some
poor animal has been killied or if it's fish, foul, hooven or 'dirty'.

Some gluten sensitive friends would disagree with the "everyone can eat
them".

Personally I would ensure all diets are considered, perhaps apart from
strict religious requirements, but certainly wouldn't pander to a
fanatic's desire to force all attendees to eat plant food.