Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fredxx[_4_] Fredxx[_4_] is offline

Default Vegan children have stunted growth

On 06/06/2021 19:11, T i m wrote:
On Sun, 6 Jun 2021 18:32:34 +0100, alan_m
wrote:

On 06/06/2021 18:25, T i m wrote:
On Sun, 6 Jun 2021 15:15:40 +0000, Spike
wrote:

On 06/06/2021 14:35, T i m wrote:

Or all the habitat loss leading to species loss, probably 'not your
problem' either (other than you are causing it of course), till some
animal you like to eat goes extinct of course.

You forgot to mention habitat loss due to growing crops for vegans.

Ah yes, thanks, crops that yield more food than using the same land to
feed livestock (directly or indirectly).

But often extensive use of the soil for vegetable crops is destroying
the soil structure.

It certainly is in the Amazon and all the other areas that are being
cleared primarily to feed *livestock*.

No, demand is rising to grow soy by plant eaters.

Many of those environments have evolved over the years to *only* be
self sufficient *because* of what grew there. Cut it all down and
plant for animal feed and the soil is exhausted very quickly.

Cut it down to satisfy users of synthetic meat and the soil is exhausted
very quickly.

Where I'm currently staying I can see very high
hillsides with fields growing grass and are full of sheep.

I wonder what was there before the grass? Chances are, trees,
absorbing CO2, something we are going back to in many places.

Probably bare hills.

I wonder what
the state of this environment would be if the land was reallocated to
just growing crops for vegan food.

It wouldn't be, we don't need to, it would be re-wilded.

So less food overall, so this is all envy we're allowed to eat meat and
you're not. If you were worried about efficient land use, wilding it is
hardly a solution to your imaginary problem.

And it's not 'vegan food', it's 'food' as everyone can eat it (and
they have been for thousands of years).

Quite, and we've cooked and eaten meat for thousands of years, as well
as evolving the gene to digest milk.