Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim+[_5_] Tim+[_5_] is offline

Default Vegan children have stunted growth

Scribbles wrote:
On Sunday, June 6, 2021 at 6:48:30 PM UTC+1, charles wrote:

a great many years ago, Prince Philip said that there were only 3
statistics that mattered and theyb were vital.

--

Something has always puzzled me about people who follow proscriptive
diets (vegan, halal, kosher, etc).

If a such a person invites me to dinner, they will no doubt serve me
their preferred type of food and I will probably enjoy it thoroughly.

On the other hand, if I offer return hospitality, I will be expected to
research new recipes, shop for unfamiliar ingredients and stress over
creating dishes I've never made before rather than relax in good company
with food I'm accustomed to cooking and which reflects my way of life.
If I don't do all of that, the chances are the diet-follower will be
mortally offended and thus will end the friendship.

Hey, I like some vegan/kosher/halal dishes. Why can you not be broad
minded enough to try some of mine, too?

(I feel I should add here that, of course, if a dinner guest has an
allergy or other health condition which precludes certain foods, then I
will do my utmost to ensure the offending item(s) has no place on the
table. Nothing kills a dinner party quicker than killing a guest.)

This is one of my biggest bugbears. The only thing stopping vegans being
€śnormal€ť guests is their inability to compromise. Id have a lot more
respect for folk on self imposed restrictive diets if they followed normal
social codes and compromised when theyre guests.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls