Jeff Wisnia

Default Catpoop in the sandpit

eggs wrote:
I know there has just been a thread about getting rid of cats that poop
in the yard, but I have a more difficult problem that I hope you can
help me solve. The neigbour's cat is pooping in the kids' sandpit.
Because the kids play in the sand, I can't use any hot pepper sprays, or
it will get the kids too. An additional problem is that I live in
Sydney, Australia, which is under strict water restrictions due to
drought, so spinkler systems are currently illegal. Beyond capturing
the cat and driving it many miles from home, I am stumped as to what to
do.

I'm thinking that I may need to attach some kind of physical deterrent
to the tops of my walls to prevent the cat entering my yard at all. I
have high (above head height) timber fences all around my yard. The cat
poops in my yard during the day (I cover the pit at night), but I can't
keep going out there and covering the pit every time one of the kids
comes inside to get a juice, or show me a boo boo or what the heck ever.
What to do?

Is there some kind of sticky substance I can put on top of the walls
that will hold the pepper, but won't come off if it rains? I don't want
to put spikes or anything up there that could be a hinderance to soemone
like the fire dept in an emergency.

Ideas, anyone?

eggs.

I wonder why so many people will rush to offer answers which indicate
that either they didn't bother to read your whole post. Or, maybe
they're just language learning disabled and couldn't get the information
in the plain english in the second paragraph in your post. It clearly
indicated you *have* a cover and know how to use it, but can't expect
your little kids to put it on every time they leave the vicinity of the
sandpit.

I'm beginning to agree with the older educators here who keep telling us
how bad the illiteracy problem has gotten here in the USA. Thirty
percent of the people who replied to your post told you to "get a cover"
for your sandpit.

Jeff

--

Jeff Wisnia (W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

"As long as there are exams in public schools there will be prayer in
public schools."