Posted to alt.home.repair
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default How much does Discovery+ suck?

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message
On 6/3/2021 7:49 AM, Frank wrote:
On 6/1/2021 8:57 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 6/1/2021 5:08 PM, Tekkie� wrote:

On Mon, 31 May 2021 09:47:48 -0400, Ed Pawlowski posted for all of us
digest...

On 5/31/2021 9:16 AM, Marilyn Manson wrote:
Here?s a list of some of the technical issues with the Discovery+
streaming service. I?m a couple of weeks into my free 6 month
trial and so far I?m not impressed at all. I?ve experienced many
of these issues, on different devices, including smart TV?s and
Fire sticks.

https://help.discoveryplus.com/hc/en...chnical-Issues

I consider myself technologically savvy, but that doesn?t mean that -
even though I can - I want to go through all the cache clears, app
reinstalls, router resets, etc. suggested as *possible* fixes.

Worst part is when it?s not even me that?s watching, like when it
crashes
while SWMBO is watching. I have to drop what I?m doing and fix it for
her.

Based on my experience so far, there?s no way I?d pay for this
service.

I'm not a heavy uses but for the few months I've had it, no problem.
use my Fire TV to access it. I signed up for the commercial free,
worth
the few bucks a month to avoid them

You mean they charge and have ads too?
I won't go for this because there annoying ads on the regular channel
or
repeats.

Two plans. 4.99 with commercials, 7.99 with no commercials. I'm
willing to pay $3 to watch without them

If I plan to watch a show with commercials I DVR it and watch later fast
forwarding through the commercials. You cannot do this streaming.

In regular cable, the only thing I watch in real time is the news.

I dont even watch the news in real time anymore,
I prefer the text based news like
https://www.abc.net.au/news/justin/
http://feeds.bbci.co.uk/news/rss.xml?edition=uk

I do watch the election eve vote count live, but normally
watch the public broadcaster which has no ads at all.

Everything else is DVR at my leisure to watch. Makes anything much more
enjoyable.

Yep.