Posted to uk.d-i-y
Spike[_6_] Spike[_6_] is offline

Default OT: Online prescriptions. Better than Boots?

On 04/06/2021 10:55, T i m wrote:

A while back (start of Covid) I asked here about experiences re online
prescription deliveries and started using the Boots service because:

1) They were our local / normal pharmacist.
2) Someone suggested they used them and they had been fine.

Assuming I don't have the full login to the medical system I may have
only been able to 'request' Boots online fulfil my prescription by
requesting authority from my doctor but it seems I have to 'request'
them monthly, not what I thought I was going to have to do.

However did you get that impression?

You, or someone acting on your behalf such as a friend or relative, or
an organisation, has to request the GP to issue a prescription. This can
be automated, but the sanctioning of the request has to be carried out
by the person responsible for your medical care. They in turn are
governed by regulations regarding these matters.

Unfortunately their email-reminder ends up in my spam folder so unless
I check I can miss the reminder and run out.

That's sheer carelessness on your behalf. Adding their email address to
your Address Book is so trivial a matter.

So, can anyone confirm if I should be able to get at least say 1 years
worth of prescriptions delivered (monthly presumably) *without* having
to keep requesting them please?

Yes. I can confirm that the system the GP works under doesn't allow that.

Boots Online customer service seem worse than useless. ;-(

Boots Online seem to work well for many,

p.s. And why the fcuk do they have to put the box of tablets, in a
plastic bag, in a box ... so big that won't go though the fairly large
letter box. And her Paracetamols must be dispatched by Amazon in boxes
big enough for a pair of shoes! ;-(

For someone who has automated his home for no particular reason or
benefit other that it was technically possible but not necessarily a
good idea, you seem to have very little idea about something that
affects your possibility of your ceasing to exist (with consequent
benefit to pollution and GWGHGs). I put your post down to a 'look at me
me me' attitude rather than a genuine plea for help.

--
Spike