Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adam Funk[_3_] Adam Funk[_3_] is offline

Default conduction

On 2021-06-03, williamwright wrote:

If two conductors are merely touched together electricity can flow
between them. That just seems too easy somehow. I mean, just touching?
That's ridiculous. I've always thought that it ought to need more
intimate bonding between conductors for current to flow. Even if the
conductors aren't touching, sometimes there's a spark.

Another question. Why do I wonder about such things?

It is all part of the rich pageantry of life.

Do you mean the phantasmagoria?

Oops, it's supposed to be "all part of life's rich pageant" (from _A
Shot in the Dark_).