Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Steering Rack Boot Replacement (clamp & tools)

In alt.home.repair, on Fri, 4 Jun 2021 05:46:42 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

BTW, this is the first guy I've seen or read who kept track of how many

I guess I haven't seen or read much on this topic at all. It wasn't
complicated enough to research before doing it.

But I just assumed that pro's would have stricter standards.

turns to get something off, so he could do the same number when putting
it back on.

Very common when dealing with a tie rod, especially if the alignment was OK
and you're not planning on doing one.

Glad to hear it. I thought pro's would say I was negligent.

I did that with a tie rod end and it seemed good enough to
me,

And that's why he's doing it too.

and that was a new part which could conceivably be a different
length (they looked the same). He's using the same metal parts so for
sure it's going to be the same. No wheel alignment needed, win-win.