Posted to uk.d-i-y
Theo[_3_] Theo[_3_] is offline

Default OT: Online prescriptions. Better than Boots?

T i m wrote:
Yes, from this and the other replies I think you may be right. ;-(

As I am back to doing the shopping and thinking of all the 'waste'
(postage costs and packaging) this online service seems to generate, I
might just go back to collecting it in person. ;-(

We used to be with a dispensing practice, where the pharmacy was physically
part of the GP surgery (no actual pharmacy shops for miles around). The
pharmacist would do double duty as the GP receptionist when short staffed.
The GP would prescribe something, and the pharmacist would have it ready by
the time you'd walked the length of the corridor to the front desk

The current one is a separate shop in the same building. I note the number
for the prescribing person at the GP practice is at the top of the
pharmacists' whiteboard, so the link is still fairly close.

In both cases they would still mess it up, often by the GP actioning the
wrong repeats or something. But at least they were local to sort it out.

And there was me thinking it was 2021. ;-)

I think 'local' beats 'distant global megacorp' here

Theo