Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Online prescriptions. Better than Boots?

Yes Boots now charge to deliver, even to little old ladies as far as I can
see none of them seem to be any good at getting the repeats in in good time
local or postal. I have moved to a local independent pharmacy, who at least
you can talk t and get some sense.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"T i m" wrote in message
A while back (start of Covid) I asked here about experiences re online
prescription deliveries and started using the Boots service because:

1) They were our local / normal pharmacist.

2) Someone suggested they used them and they had been fine.

I think I also remember someone saying they were hopeless and I think
I may now be leaning that way. ;-(

However, it may be down to expectation so I just wanted to check here.

Assuming I don't have the full login to the medical system (I think
I'm supposed to present my photo ID at my doctors to get 'signed up'
and as I don't have any I didn't take that any further ...) I may have
only been able to 'request' Boots online fulfil my prescription by
requesting authority from my doctor?

Now, they have been sending them though monthly (just 1 box x 5mG
Amlodopine) but it seems I have to 'request' them monthly, not what I
thought I was going to have to do.

Unfortunately their email-reminder ends up in my spam folder so unless
I check I can miss the reminder and run out.

So, can anyone confirm if I should be able to get at least say 1 years
worth of prescriptions delivered (monthly presumably) *without* having
to keep requesting them please?

Boots Online customer service seem worse than useless. ;-(

Cheers, T i m

p.s. And why the fcuk do they have to put the box of tablets, in a
plastic bag, in a box ... so big that won't go though the fairly large
letter box. And her Paracetamols must be dispatched by Amazon in boxes
big enough for a pair of shoes! ;-(