Posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y
Snit[_3_] Snit[_3_] is offline

Default OT: How to attract cows

On Jun 3, 2021 at 3:50:07 PM MST, ""Rod Speed"" wrote
:

I had a colleague who couldn't handle any computer parts as he was
guaranteed
to kill them with static. Probably his clothes or shoes come to think
of it.
Everyone blamed him.

I have been known to kill parts by zapping them. Have killed more than
one
mouse that way, too.

A mouse is not static sensitive.

Corded mice are.

And these were corded mice. I do not like wireless ones.

And I'm the opposite, I can't kill things with static. I used to touch
the frame of the PC first, but now I don't even bother with that. I
certainly never used a wrist strap.

I don't either but don't have carpet.

Even without carpet I tend to zap stuff.

Most sensitive stuff has a diode to absorb high voltages anyway.

Wrong.

There was one time I broke a graphics card though. I had wrapped a
computer I was selling in bubble wrap. I undid it to make a last minute
change before posting, and the unwrapping built up a very big charge on
me. When I lifted the computer, I touched the DVI graphics socket first,
and felt a sharp shock in my finger. That output no longer functioned.

Do much for the purported diode.

--
Personal attacks from those who troll show their own insecurity. They cannot
use reason to show the message to be wrong so they try to feel somehow