Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mathew Newton[_2_] Mathew Newton[_2_] is offline

Default Escape from a locked car

On Thursday, 3 June 2021 at 22:32:31 UTC+1, Mathew Newton wrote:
On Thursday, 3 June 2021 at 21:21:37 UTC+1, NY wrote:
The satnav in our Honda (using Garmin software) has an emergency mode which
gives both a latitude and longitude and a description in words of the form
"On A64, near the junction with the Scotchman Lane".

A neat feature in my wife's Fiesta (2013 so getting on a bit for this sort of thing) is that if a situation arises whereby an airbag is deployed a module in the car will automatically call 999 via your bluetooth-paired mobile and report the fact along with the details of the car and GPS location. It'll give an audible warning via the car stereo beforehand giving you the option of preventing the call should it not be required.

I forgot to add that there's no user-accesible satnav in this car, just a GPS receiver accessible only to the Emergency Assistance module.