Posted to uk.d-i-y
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.[_2_] Harry Bloomfield, Esq.[_2_] is offline

Default Escape from a locked car

Caecilius wrote :
I'm surprised there's no mechanical key opening on the boot on the XF.
I've owned a 2000 S-Type and a 2003 XJ (X350) and both had mechanical
key-operated boot locks that could be used to open the boot if the
electrical opening failed for some reason.

My car has no means to open the boot, on the boot itself. There is a
button by the driver's shin, or the remote works. If both fail, then
you have to lower the rear seat back, then crawl through to pull an
emergency release from inside. I don't know how you would manage that,
with a full boot.