Posted to uk.d-i-y
polygonum_on_google[_2_] polygonum_on_google[_2_] is offline

Default OT: Trankliments

On Tuesday, 1 June 2021 at 23:37:16 UTC+1, wrote:
Today, preoccupied, I said to a visiting child who I was about to take
home, "Have you got all your your trankliments?" Meaning toys, shoes,
phones, etc.

Is this word in use in other areas, or is it just Yorkshire?

Bill

Not familiar with that version/spelling, but...

tracklement
Jump to navigation
Jump to search
Contents

1 English
1.1 Etymology
1.2 Noun
1.3 References

English
Etymology

Coined in its current sense by the English cookery writer Dorothy Hartley in her book Food in England in 1954, but probably derived from a similar dialect word with variant spellings (e.g. tranklement, tanchiment) used before that date across North and Central England and meaning "ornaments, trinkets; bits of things".
Noun

tracklement (plural tracklements)

(Britain, rare) A savoury condiment (for example a mustard, relish or chutney), especially one served with meat.