Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How much does Discovery+ suck?

On 6/1/2021 5:22 PM, Marilyn Manson wrote:
On Tuesday, June 1, 2021 at 5:08:47 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Mon, 31 May 2021 09:47:48 -0400, Ed Pawlowski posted for all of us to
digest...

On 5/31/2021 9:16 AM, Marilyn Manson wrote:
Here?s a list of some of the technical issues with the Discovery+
streaming service. I?m a couple of weeks into my free 6 month
trial and so far I?m not impressed at all. I?ve experienced many
of these issues, on different devices, including smart TV?s and
Fire sticks.

https://help.discoveryplus.com/hc/en...chnical-Issues

I consider myself technologically savvy, but that doesn?t mean that -
even though I can - I want to go through all the cache clears, app
reinstalls, router resets, etc. suggested as *possible* fixes.

Worst part is when it?s not even me that?s watching, like when it crashes
while SWMBO is watching. I have to drop what I?m doing and fix it for her.

Based on my experience so far, there?s no way I?d pay for this service.

I'm not a heavy uses but for the few months I've had it, no problem. I
use my Fire TV to access it. I signed up for the commercial free, worth
the few bucks a month to avoid them

You mean they charge and have ads too?
I won't go for this because there annoying ads on the regular channel or
repeats.

$4.99/month with commercials, $6.99 without.

Correct, I posted 7.00 but it is 6.99

https://www.discoveryplus.com/