Posted to uk.d-i-y
2dallies 2dallies is offline

Default Spontaneous shattering of double glazed panels

Hi, we have just had the same problem. Inside window of double glazed
roof panel blew and shattered everywhere. I was sitting under it,
luckily was agile enough to move quickly, but if a child, elderly person
or my animals were sitting underneath it could have killed them! The
conservatory?s only 2 and a half years old, Creative View who built it
all say ?it?s common? and say our 10 year guarantees and insurances
don?t cover this (?) and want £1200 to fit a new panel!! Given there
are lots of panels and they give no explanation of why or would even
visit to check, I?m to scared to use the conservatory again, or let
anyone else in there. Anyone know how to prevent this happening again?
Do I not use heating in there (though it wasn?t on as it was 9.30am on a
sunny morning and the doors were open). Or where to get protective film
(as a previous post suggests).
Or some sort of netting to catch the glass? Thank You

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...ls-974349-.htm