Posted to alt.home.repair
Marilyn Manson Marilyn Manson is offline

Default OT Taps

On Monday, May 31, 2021 at 11:08:23 PM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 5/31/2021 11:03 PM, rbowman wrote:

Bagpipes sure make things sound sad.

Then there is this: Blood upon the Risers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDH2eLE2Zmk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxkhBvO8_kM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huRwBFmAx78

Eric Bogle is a Scot that was transplanted to Australia so the Dropkick
Murphy's version might be easier to understand.

"And I can't help but wonder oh Willy McBride
Do all those who lie here know why they died
Did you really believe them when they told you the cause
Did you really believe that this war would end wars
Well the suffering, the sorrow, the glory, the shame
The killing and dying it was all done in vain
Oh Willy McBride it all happened again
And again, and again, and again, and again

Did they beat the drums slowly
Did they play the fife lowly
Did they sound the death march as they lowered you down
Did the band play the last post and chorus
Did the pipes play the flowers of the forest "

https://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/drop...soffrance.html

On this Decoration Day let's not forget all the politicians that sent
young men to die. The first commemorations were for the dead of
Lincoln's war.

Everyone should be made to watch the reality and cruelty of war.
Perhaps it would change how we do things in the future. But probably not.

Forward he cried from the rear
And the front rank died
And the general sat
And the lines on the map