Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default OT: How to attract cows

On Tue, 1 Jun 2021 05:16:31 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

snip

Then the law is ****ed up. If 1 person dies, that's the main thing that's
happened. How he died is irrelevant.

Nope, its obviously desirable to minimise the use of
torture and the more obscene ways of killing people
by harsher sentences for those that kill that way.

Q: What do they use as the *ultimate* level of *punishment* to humans?

A: Death.

We aren't talking of what might inflict the ultimate level of pain or
suffering but be the ultimate deterrent / punishment within most
civilised legal systems (even if it isn't).

So we first deny a sentient being it's freedom, then we deny it it's
life. In the case of humans that's only when they have done something
very wrong / bad.

In the case of animals it's mostly because we want to, the only thing
they have done wrong is been born (often because they have been
artificially inseminated / bred).

https://ibb.co/D1Z4qBD

Cheers, T i m