Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default OT: How to attract cows

On Mon, 31 May 2021 18:38:10 +0100, "Commander Kinsey"
wrote:

snip

So why call him out on something irrelevant?

Because you are right, he's not 'right' and so can't help himself. ;-(

Most studies say the claim is fallacious,

It's obvious it's true.

Of course it is ... and why all his bitching and crying is completely
pointless.

We all know things build up a resistance. Why do you think doctors don't hand out antibiotics as much as they used to? They're running out of ones that are still effective.

Bingo ... except because he is indoctrinated to eat meat and doesn't
have the willpower to stop or actually care enough about the animals
to help him decide, he will deny *everything* that he thinks
challenges his right (as he see it and has actually stated on several
occasions, superior species etc) if he wants.

We always knew (me, the Mrs, our daughter) that caring for animals and
killing them for their flesh caused us a moral conflict but our
indoctrination (being given 'meat' as a child), all the Meat industry
normalising our exploitation of animals and 'routine' meant we carried
on (all be it across a very basic rage of species, mainly chicken, pig
and cow (+sheep for the Mrs).

It daughter realising that going vegetarian wasn't really enough so
was going to try going vegan in veganuary and we thought we would
support her by doing the same (much to her surprise). Even more to her
surprise we carried on after veganuaray as did she, then her finding a
vegan boyfriend and her step niece happily going along with it as
well (she did a lot of cooking of healthy high energy vegetable based
foods for her Mum when she was dying of bowel cancer), all made it
very easy / normal.

Like any changes to something you have been doing most of your life,
there were some things that took longer than others but we only have
to think of the animal suffering and any questions go straight out of
the window!

We walked 5 miles with the dog today (dropping off some 3D printing
I'd done for a mate and watering some freshly planted memorial trees
for another), even though it was a bit warm ... and popped into the
kebab shop on the way home for a big box of their mixed salad and put
that in a wrap with some vegan chicken and sauces when we got home.
;-)

Just had a cup of tea with oat milk and some vegan chocolate and then
we will play with the dog and his puzzle game (all part of his
enrichment) before taking him out for another walk (well, it's more a
sniffari). ;-)

Cheers, T i m