Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fredxx[_4_] Fredxx[_4_] is offline

Default waterproofing wheetabix

On 31/05/2021 13:32, Chris Holmes wrote:

Hi All,

Camping again€¦..

I am planning to take an off cut of worktop to camp to use as a worktop to
put the cooler on.

Its the standard wheetabix with laminate on the top and front (Bullnose).

It seems to have cardboard underneath over the weetabix core, and it has
cut edges both sides.

What is the best way to waterproof the underside and sides to €śTrying to
get a tan from standing in the English rain€ť standards?

I would tray and remove the cardboard, otherwise any waterproofing will
be pointless.

As GB has said, varnish is pretty good, perhaps the first coat diluted
to soak into the grain.

Another method is to paint waterproof glue on bare wood, a tip from a
kitchen fitter to seal the cut-outs for sinks etc.