Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Large screen TV

On 31/05/2021 13:00, JNugent wrote:
On 30/05/2021 06:03 pm, Rod Speed wrote:

"JNugent" wrote in message
On 30/05/2021 02:10 pm, Andy Burns wrote:
Andy Bennet wrote:

Wall mounted TV's give me neck ache after a short time of use.
Can't see what the attraction is.

Wall-mounted doesn't have to mean above mantelpiece height ...

... but it usually is.

Irrelevant if that gives you neck ache.

In any case (mounting height notwithstanding), there aren't going to be
very many places in an average size room where the set could be attached
flat to a wall and be seen from the various likely positions of seating.

Many homes have redundant chimney breast on one side of the room and a
settee directly opposite on the other side.

I don't remember any house I've ever lived in where the TV set wasn't
placed diagonally in or near a corner so that its viewing angle took in
either the whole room or pretty close to that.

If we did not still have a fire in the living room, we might have moved
ours from the corner to the chimney breast by now.

That would actually allow it to be viewed from more of the room, as the
corner is the old end of the room and there is an archway through to an
extension adding another 50% to the room, but behind the TV.